Monday 5 October 2015

Magie Féerique


As I have mentioned before, the rather lovely Susan Berry very kindly offered to notate my composition The Tethered Fairy Ring: A Symphonic Poem for Ukulele ...



... and to celebrate this somewhat momentus occasion of having a composition of mine published as sheet music, I invited Susan and her husband David over to Lower Normandy to the Artist Gites where I am staying for a month performing sound baths and generally having a rather lovely time.




Susan plays Welsh harp. In fact, she was the resident harpist at Teifi Harps in Llandysul for some time and is also runs Clarsach Harp Society in Wales. 



Wouldn't it be  lovely if Susan learnt The Tethered Fairy Ring and we performed it as a duet ... now there's an idea.








So the pair of us started rehearsing. We had 2 sessions before we left and though we'd have 3 days of rehearsals once she was here.




But as it happens, we had only 1 day before the performance day. But never to worry. In the words of Susan 'It'll be fine' and she was right. It was more than fine, it was fine and dandy.


I filmed the performance in the beautiful space of the old church in the village which I remember as being quite small from my last visit, but in actual fact is quite BIG for a village church and very beautiful indeed.




Alison, the lovely artist that owns the gites, she arranged for us to film in the church with the Mairie who very kindly gave permission.



can not thank Susan enough for bringing her beautiful harp all the way to France. I knew it would be awesome but what I hadn't given credit to was the fairy magic that would happen as a result of us being away together. It was quite honestly like being away with family. Susan and Dave and now on my list of forever fairy friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment